Friday, January 4, 2013

Watchin' Stuff Lite: Vol. 1

Good evening, friends! So, despite the fact that Watchin' Stuff the radio show has come to an end, I figured that doesn't mean I can't continue to suggest things to those who visit the blog. And for that reason, I give you "Watchin' Stuff Lite" Vol. 1. A hint of Watchin' Stuff flavor without all the banter and games. Anyway, here are some things I thought I'd share:

#1: Here's a song I meant to play on the show at some point but didn't get a chance to.

"Hey" - Pixies

#2: Portlandia season 3 starts tonight, but while you wait, you should really check out the winter special, "Winter In Portlandia." It seems my favorite show hasn't lost it's touch and we're in for some fun this season. 



#3: Here's a song I'm kind of into. A little different than my usual plays on the show, but fun nonetheless. 

"Bad Girls" - M.I.A.

#4: The Supersizers Go..., available on hulu, find it and watch it. Introduced to me by "friend of the show" Chloe Holtzman, The Supersizers Go... is a British history/culinary show that follows a food critic, Giles Coren, and his comedian friend, Sue Perkins, as they attempt to live as people from various English time periods (although they do go to Ancient Rome and the French Revolution also) for a week. Although it is informative, it's also incredibly entertaining and always good for some laughs. 



#5: This tune I recently rediscovered. 
"English Rose" - The Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment