Friday, January 11, 2013

Watchin' Stuff Lite: Vol. 2

Hello friends! I'm back with more suggestions for this week, with Watchin' Stuff Lite Vol. 2, where I suggest some TV shows, movies and music you should check out. And since I set the precedent of five suggestions last week, I'm thinking I'll take a cue from Carrie Brownstein's blog Monitor Mix and turn this into a bit of a Five For Friday thing. But anyway, without further ado, here are this week's suggestions:

#1: "Addicted" - Io Echo. Couldn't find a studio recording of this song on youtube but this should give you a good idea of what this band is like. A lot of their music is kinda hard to find but it's worth the effort.


#2: Now, I have to say, I usually try to stay away from suggesting reality shows because most of the time they're guilty pleasures and no matter how entertaining they may be, they don't command a lot of respect. But this week, both of my suggestions happen to be reality TV of some sort. First off is Catfish: The TV show. Based on Catfish the movie, this MTV show follows a guy named Nev as he attempts to help people in online relationships meet their virtual significant other face-to-face. Don't let the fact that this show is on MTV sway you because this is actually a pretty well made and intriguing show.


#3: "Black Leather" - The Runaways. I don't know how it's possible but I never actually played a full Runaways song on the show, so here is one of my favorites to rectify that a bit.


#4: Dance Moms, my second reality show suggestion of the day. I know it might seem like just another stupid reality show about moms exploiting their children, but it's not really. I mean, sure the moms are kind of living vicariously through their children and Abby Lee Miller is a very aggressive dance teacher. But at the end of the day, it's just a very entertaining show about crazy moms and their incredibly talented daughters. I'm sure it's not a show for everyone, but if you're one who enjoys the occasional reality show, you should check it out. 



#5: "I'm A Train" - Albert Hammond. A cute little 70s song I used to love and just recently rediscovered. 


No comments:

Post a Comment