Friday, February 17, 2012

Recap of Episode 2: Portlandia

All right everyone, here are some links to things we discussed on this morning's show.

The Internet videos that started it all, ThunderAnt! My favorite is One Man Show but go to the site and pick your favorite.


Assorted referenced Portlandia clips:
Carrie Brownstein's NPR Blog, Monitor Mix. Although she no longer writes for the blog it's still a good read.

Fred and Carrie's full Spotify playlists. Click the picture to access the playlist (just so you know, it requires Spotify):



More music from bands played/referenced on the show: 
Some of the other songs played on the show today


Just in case you didn't believe me, proof that Carrie Brownstein is on Rolling Stone's list of the Top 25 Most Underrated Guitarists

And finally, proof of the show's quotability, this is the whiteboard on my fridge. This was a running game between my roommates and I for about a week. In case you can't read them, the quotes are: 
  • "We have a me no no bring bags" 
  • "Cacao!" 
  • "A-oh River" 
  • "Put a bird on it!" 
  • "I made a homemade quesadilla" 
  • "I do a lot of canning of jams and I would like to can you" 
  • "I'm just a little guy" 
  • "Cheese boats are dope" 
  • "Whose dog is this, the one with the lips that are falling off?" 
  • "Jenna get yo' acupuncture" 
  • "I'm not gonna go crazy on the counter or anything" 
  • "You've got a neck like a movie star" 
  • "No, you go" 


I really hope that was everything. If there's anything else you care to know, please comment. Also, if you have IFC, tune in for the seventh episode of Portlandia season 2. Podcast and drinking game should be posted shortly. Thanks guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment