Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A tribute to my favorite Monkee

So, let me give you all a little personal backstory on me. Like many 90s kids, I grew up with Nickelodeon and by extension Nick at Nite. I was a huge fan of a lot of shows they played and grew to love TV of the 60s, 70s and 80s by way of the throw back programming. Along with the shows, I also grew to love a lot of the actors and was always disappointed that I wasn't around to actually see them in their prime. Unfortunately, in 2003, I lost one of my biggest childhood Nick at Nite loves, John Ritter, who played Jack Tripper on Threes' Company. But, just this morning, the six-year-old inside of me was absolutely crushed by the loss of my very first Nick at Nite love, Davy Jones. Although it's been years since I've watched the Monkees, I look back fondly on the days when I used to watch him play the tambourine like a boss as I drank my hot chocolate on the couch before bed. So, here is my tribute to Davy Jones, my Nick at Nite crush circa 1996.

The Monkees theme song

One of my favorite, lesser known Monkees songs

And of course, my favorite Davy Jones clip, his cameo on The Brady Bunch

RIP Davy, I'll miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment